Hail can cause some major destruction to everything that it lands on. If you’re unfortunate enough to be dealing with a recent hail storm, you might be researching Orlando hail damage roof insurance. Advantage Roofing regularly works with our clients and their insurance companies, so let us fill you in on what you need to know.
Although Florida gets its fair share of severe weather, hail is somewhat rare. But when it does happen, your roof can pay the price. Hail is formed during thunderstorms or other severe weather events, when rain droplets are carried higher into the atmosphere by updrafts and then frozen into hailstones. Stronger storms often produce larger hailstones, and this is why you need Orlando hail damage roof insurance.
Hail Damage and Your Insurance Policy
Most homeowners insurance policies cover hail damage in full, and you will only pay the deductible. It’s always good to know ahead of time that it is covered by your policy, instead of finding out when it’s too late. If it’s excluded from your policy, you may want to look into adding a separate insurance policy specifically for wind or hail damage.
A Hail Damage Claim – The Process
If you’re going to use your Orlando hail damage roof insurance and file a claim for repairs or replacement, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Contact Advantage Roofing for a roof inspection. We can determine the extent of damage, and have years of experience working directly with insurance adjusters to get the repairs you need.
- Contact your insurance company to file your claim.
- Schedule your insurance adjuster’s inspection.
- Identify the necessary repairs. The insurance adjuster and our team can reach an agreement regarding the repairs or possible replacement of your roof.
- Plan the roof repairs. Advantage Roofing will work with you to choose materials and then schedule the project at a time that is convenient for you.
- Enjoy your roof! Advantage Roofing is a licensed and insured roofing contractor, and we guarantee our work.
Tips for Your Orlando Hail Damage Roof Insurance Claim
You’ll want to file your claim as soon as possible after the hail damage occurs. Even if the damage isn’t visible, if there has been a major storm with large hailstones, it’s a good idea to schedule a roof inspection.
Don’t try and do any repairs yourself before filing your insurance claim, and always make sure that you are working with a roofing contractor with years of experience coordinating between clients and their insurance companies.
Don’t bring your insurance company estimates from multiple roofing contractors. They will probably choose the cheapest option, and leave you with a sub-par roof. Remember that you will usually only pay the deductible, and your deductible does not increase with the cost of your roof repairs or replacement.
Our final and best piece of advice – choose Advantage Roofing for all of your Orlando hail damage roof insurance claim needs. Give us a call or fill out our online contact form, and we’ll answer any questions you have.