Hurricane Ian wreaked havoc on the Atlantic coast. If you think you need roof repair, turn to our skilled team of Orlando roofers. Here’s how they can help.
It’s not uncommon for some roofing companies to go door-to-door after a storm asking homeowners if they’d like a roof inspection. At Advantage Roofing, that’s not our style. Our professional Orlando roofers are not door-to-door salespeople looking to capitalize on a natural disaster.
We know that you will do your homework and call us to inspect your roof if you suspect that your roof was damaged during the recent hurricane. Our family-owned business has been serving Central Florida for over 30 years and our reputation is built on repeat business and friends telling friends about our top-notch customer service. Here are just a few of the ways we can help you after the storm.
Professional Roof Inspection
When you call our Orlando roofers to your home, the first thing we will do is give your roof a complete inspection. This means not only looking at your roof from the top but also looking at it from the inside. Your roof is more than just shingles and our team wants to make sure that every layer of your roof is sound.
We can provide you with an inspection report that you can take to your insurance company if you need to file a claim. Then, when you’re ready to get started, we will get the job done.
Repair Or Replacement?
How do you know if you need a minor repair or a full roof replacement? You probably don’t, but we do. And you can rest assured that we will never recommend that you get a complete re-roof if a repair is all that you need.
We will consider the following factors when deciding about a repair versus a replacement:
- The Age Of Your Roof – Roofs can last a long time but they don’t last forever, and at some point, yours will need to be replaced. If you have minor damage but your roof is over 20 years old, it might be best to go ahead and replace it.
- Roof Leaks – Leaks that are due to roof damage can typically be repaired if the damaged area is relatively small. However, if there are multiple locations where leaks are originating, it could be a better investment to replace your whole roof.
- Structural Damage – If your roof sustained structural damage during the hurricane, you’ll want to get it replaced as soon as possible. You don’t want to risk further damage to the exterior or interior of your home. If you have any of these signs of damage, we need to discuss your roof replacement options.
- Large areas of missing shingles
- Damage to structural joints
- Missing or damaged flashing
- Dents or tears in asphalt, tile, or metal roof materials
- And others
If our Orlando roofers determine that your best option is a new roof, this can be great news. Getting a new roof can add curb appeal to your home and potentially increase your property value.
If your old roof was asphalt, you can choose a new look by using tile shingles or metal sheeting. A new roof can also help you save on your homeowners’ insurance premiums. Talk with your insurance agent about the details.