You likely don’t pay much attention to your roof, which is a good thing. It should last for decades with a little TLC, but it won’t last forever. Here’s how to tell it’s time to spring for a Casselberry re-roof.
Your roof is the most expensive investment you’ll make in your home, so it’s a good thing that it lasts as long as it does. The average cost for a new asphalt roof in 2022 was $10,000, and it should last about 20 years.
Our expert roofing contractors at Advantage Roofing know that some roofs last longer than others, so it’s important that you know when to have us take a look at your roof to determine if it’s time for a Casselberry re-roof conversation. Here’s the breakdown of how long different types of roofs typically last.
Tile – Timeless And Durable
Did you know that a tile roof can last 50 years or more in Florida? It sure can, but there are a few factors that go into a tile roof’s life expectancy.
- Climate – Tile roofs are ideal for a hot, tropical climate like Florida’s. They are extremely heat-resistant and durable. You may need a few tiles repaired after a hail storm or a hurricane, but overall, tile is a great option for this area.
- Materials – The higher the quality of roofing material you use, the longer a roof will last. Tile shingles can be made from clay or concrete, either of which can be of high quality. If you choose tile for your Casselberry re-roof, we assure you that we will use the highest quality materials for the job.
- Installation – Like most things in your home, if they are not installed properly, they won’t work properly. Your roof is no exception. If it’s not installed properly, its lifespan can be cut in half. That’s why you need to hire professional roofers with Advantage Roofing.
Asphalt – Affordable And Durable
Although not as durable as a tile roof, an asphalt shingle roof should last about 20 years if you take care to have it repaired when it suffers damage. Here are a few times that you need to give your asphalt roof some TLC:
- After A Storm – Big storms come with strong winds and lightning. Even if you don’t see limbs on your roof or the ground, call us to take a look. Replacing damaged shingles right away can keep damage from getting worse.
- Granules On The Ground – High winds and rain can wash the top layer of protective granules off of your shingles making them more vulnerable to damage.
- It’s Old – If your asphalt roof is 20 years old, it’s likely time for a Casselberry re-roof. We can check your shingles, joists, flashing, and gutters and give you an honest assessment of your roof’s condition.
Metal – A Major Trend (And Durable)
We’re seeing more homeowners choose metal roofing these days, which is smart because this material can make your roof last up to 50 years. Metal roofing comes in lightweight sheets that are easy for a professional to install. Here are a few more reasons to consider metal for your Casselberry re-roof:
- Sustainability – A metal roof is made of approximately 25% recycled materials and it’s 100% recyclable at the end of its life. You can install a metal roof over an existing asphalt shingle roof, eliminating the waste of tearing off the old roof. Metal roofs reflect heat and can save you 40% on your energy bills.
- Maintenance-Free – We recommend having your metal roof checked every few years, but it’s our experience that these roofs don’t need very much attention.
- Style – Metal roofs come in a wide variety of colors and styles that let you add personality to your home.
Advantage Roofing – Your Casselberry Re-Roof Go-To
Our team of roofing experts can help you determine if your roof needs a refresh. We can guide you through the process of choosing a roofing material for your new roof that matches your budget and style. Contact us today to get started.